Application Deployment allows IT administrators to package applications into a redistributable package. Utilising products like Microsoft App-V, Citrix XenApp or VMware ThinApp decouples Windows based applications from the operating system and enables them to run as network services. Application virtualisation can also be layered on top of other virtualisation technologies to create a fully virtual IT environment where computing resources can be dynamically allocated in real-time based on needs of the end user.
The application and its components are “profiled” to create a package that is then published to the desktop. When a user requests use of the application, the application components contained in the package are then streamed to an isolation environment hosted by the client device (or to an application server such as XenApp) and application execution is started immediately.
- Eliminates application conflicts and operating system instability resulting from desktop application installation
- Reduces the costs associated with regression testing, deployment, maintenance, updates, and de-provisioning for applications being run locally on users’ machines
- Enables IT to offer applications as an on-demand service
- Lowers application support costs by automatically updating and repairing applications every time they are used
- Speeds regulatory compliance by eliminating the need for extensive testing to certify applications
- Enhances security by giving IT administrators complete control over applications delivered to desktops
Copyright © 2013 Ultima Business Solutions, All Rights Reserved